The Program Assistant works with us to develop and implement our Peer Assisted Study Session (PASS) Program. The primary duties of the Program Assistant include reviewing lesson plans drafted by students and providing feedback, observing PASS leaders and providing feedback on performance, and developing and leading trainings for student-staff. This position is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in expanding their experience with teaching, higher education administration, and /or program development.
The Program Assistant position is a full Teaching Assistantship (20 hours a week). The position carries a monthly stipend (approx. $2,100 per month for the 9-month academic year), 100% tuition remission, and benefits in accordance with the current TUGSA contract. The work hours are flexible and can be scheduled around other obligations. The position requires some night and weekend hours.
Who Can Apply:
PhD/EdS/EdD/ students from all academic disciplines are eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applicants who have some or all of the following
- Experience with curriculum development, course development, and/or lesson planning
- Classroom teaching experience and/or online teaching experience
- Experience with teaching evaluation/development programs
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops
- Prior experience working in a tutoring center or academic success center
How to apply:
Submit the following materials (by email attachment) to Deirdre Kelleher:
- Application form (You must be logged into your Temple email to complete the form)
- Cover Letter
Please be sure that your cover letter provides information about the degree program you are currently enrolled in and your expected date of graduation.
Current openings and application deadlines:
Accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year from March 9-23, 2020.