Graduate Writing Tutors
Graduate writing tutors meet one-on-one with students to help them develop and improve their writing. Tutors work with students from across the disciplines, and on many different types of writing. Tutors help students understand their writing assignments, develop arguments and thesis statements, and incorporate outside texts into their work.
Graduate tutoring positions are Teaching Assistantships; they carry stipends, tuition remission and benefits in accordance with the current TUGSA contract. We offer full-time (20 hours per week), half-time (10 hours per week) and quarter-time (5 hours per week) positions. The work hours are flexible and can be scheduled around other obligations.
Who can apply:
Ph.D./Ed.D. students from all academic disciplines are eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applicants who
- have completed their doctoral coursework
- have at least three years of college-level teaching experience (preferably at Temple)
- are reflective about their teaching practice, and
- enjoy working one-on-one with diverse groups of writers
How to apply:
Submit the following materials (by email attachment) to Darla Himeles:
- Application form
- Cover letter
- three recent academic writing samples (e.g. seminar papers, conference papers, dissertation prospectus, etc.)
Current openings and application deadlines:
We are accepting applications for spring 2020 from November 15-December 2, 2019.