Writing-Intensive Course Committee (WICC)
The Writing-Intensive Course Committee is responsible for overseeing the writing-intensive course program. The WICC reviews and approves all proposals for writing-intensive courses; drafts policies for the w-course program, including the w-course guidelines; and assesses the w-course program.
The Committee is comprised of eight faculty members from across the schools and colleges. These faculty serve three-year terms. The Committee also includes three ex-officio members: a representative from the GenEd program, a representative from Paley Library, and a representative from the Writing Center.
The Committee is chaired by the Director of the Student Success Center.
WICC Membership 2020
- Alison Baren / College of Liberal Arts
- Cynthia Belliveau / College of Education
- Dana Dawson / General Education
- Bertrand Guillotin / Fox School of Business
- Philip Glahn / Tyler School of Art and Architecture
- Rachael Groner / First Year Writing Program
- Darla Himeles / Writing Center
- Peter Jaroff / Klein School of Media and Communication
- Jim Napolitano / College of Science and Technology
- Jaclyn Neel / College of Liberal Arts
- Lori Salem / Student Success Center
- Adam Shambaugh / Library
- Caitlin Shanley / Library
- Kimmika Williams-Witherspoon / Film and Theater
- Caite Wolak / College of Public Health
As Committee members complete their three-year terms, new members are added. We solicit nominations from the Faculty Senate, but faculty are also invited to self-nominate. Any full-time faculty member who has taught a designated writing-intensive course is eligible to serve on the WICC.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please contact Lori Salem.