STEM Tutors meet with students one-on-one to help them succeed in challenging math and science courses. Tutors review and explain course content and concepts, and they help students understand homework and other assignments. Tutors also work with students as they prepare for major exams, helping them to prioritize their work, and to create effective plans for studying and managing time.
STEM tutors earn $12/hour and typically work 6-15 hours per week; the hours are flexible and can be scheduled around other obligations.
Who can apply:
Undergraduate students who have earned at least an A- in any of the courses for which we providing tutoring are eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applicants who
- have earned at least an A- in multiple courses for which we provide tutoring, including courses in different disciplines and at more advanced levels
- are studying Mechanical Engineering, Economics, Statistics, have earned an A- or higher in any Physics courses, or have earned an A- or higher in Anatomy and Physiology
- have prior tutoring or teaching experience (e.g. Diamond Peer teacher, a departmental CA/TA, a high school tutor, or informal experience tutoring friends/siblings, etc.)
- have peer leadership experience. (e.g. serving in student clubs, organizations or committees; experience with collaborative projects in a lab setting; etc.)
- enjoy working one-on-one with a diverse group of students
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the online application form and submit the following materials (by uploading them on the application form):
- Cover letter
You must be logged into your Temple email address to fill out and submit the application form.
Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in a position as a STEM tutor, how your previous teaching/tutoring experience has prepared you for the position, and anything else about your background /experience that you believe speaks to your qualifications to be a tutor.
Current openings and application deadlines:
We will be accepting applications for Fall 2023 from April 17th-May 8th.