The Writing-Intensive Course Committee is responsible for overseeing the writing-intensive course program. The WICC reviews and approves all proposals for writing-intensive courses; drafts policies for the w-course program, including the w-course guidelines; and assesses the w-course program.
The Committee is comprised of faculty members from across the schools and colleges. These faculty serve three-year terms. The Committee also includes ex-officio representatives from the GenEd program, the First-Year Writing program, Charles Library, and the Writing Center.
WICC MEMBERSHIP FALL 2023
- Harsh Chopra / College of Engineering
- Alix Davatzes / College of Science and Technology
- Elizabeth Diamond/College of Education
- Amelia Duffy-Tumasz/College of Liberal Arts
- Lindsay Goss/Center for the Arts & TFMA
- Rachael Groner / First Year Writing Program
- Stephen Kelly / The Writing Center
- Patricia Moore-Martinez / General Education Program
- Christina Owings / Fox School of Business
- Erin Pauwels/Tyler School of Art
- Dana Saewitz / Klein College of Media and Communication
- Lori Salem / Student Success Center
- Adam Shambaugh / Library
- Caitlin Shanley / Library
- Michael Szekely / College of Liberal Arts
As Committee members complete their three-year terms, new members are added. We solicit nominations from the Faculty Senate, but faculty are also invited to self-nominate. Any full-time faculty member who has taught a designated writing-intensive course is eligible to serve on the WICC.